Quilts for charity – Bill Volckening didn’t provide two hoots about quilts till he dated a girl who did. In 1989 she invited him to a personal duvet display in New York with well known quilt collector Shelly Zegart. He instantly fell in love with an tricky duvet, an extraordinary New York Beauty trend. This first quilt used to be destined for wall artwork, however Volckening researched and bought extra over time. As his collection grew, so did his hobby. Today he owns more than 250 quilts, many of which he presentations on his home’s walls. "Every home should have a quilt ," he says. This summer and fall, 35 quilts, patterns and different ephemera from Volckening’s collection will likely be on show on the San Jose Quilt Museum in San Jose, California. The exhibit focuses on the evolution of the image and complex New York Beauty pattern the primary cover development Volckening ever purchased. Info Collecting New York Beauty Quilts Bill Volckening’s Passion, San Jose Quilt Museum, through October 27, 2013. Open Wednesday-Sunday, 10 a.M.-five p.M. (closed on top vacations). $6.50-$eight.. Show News Rare Quilts Get Museum Time
Quilts for charity Quilt Exhibit.
- Kansas City Architecture Modern Kitchen Area By Means Of Hufft Projects
- Unilock Brussels Block Rustic Exterior Through Hammer
- Boulder Architecture Firms Asian Landscape By Means Of Krugel Cobbles, Inc.
- Fort Worth Architecture Eclectic Living Room By Means Of Sarah Greenman
- Architecture Firms Richmond Va Eclectic By Means Of La Rosa Landscape Company
- Maine Residential Architects AIA Convention 2014
- Diamond Block Retaining Wall Contemporary Exterior By Way Of Coates Design Architects Seattle